Our Privacy Promise
We’re committed to protecting our customers’ personal data – old and new. We’ll always keep your data safe, up to date and only ever use it for what you have requested.
Here’s what you need to know…
- We’ll always keep your personal data safe and secure – it’s number one priority to us
- We’ll only ever use your data to improve your experience or complete an order you have placed with us
- We’ll only ever use your data for marketing if you have told us you want us to – and we (pinky) promise to never SPAM you
- If we no longer need your personal data we will delete it!
Sharing your information
We do not sell any of your personal data to any third parties. However, we do share your data with a select few companies in order to complete your contract with us and provide you with the best possible service. These include:
- Our trusted partners that get your order to you – this includes our order delivery companies
- Professional service agencies who help us get our products in front of the right person
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
We only use your information for marketing purposes when specific consent has been provided by you agreeing for us to do so, i.e., you have ticked the subscription check box at checkout.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communication at any time by:
- Updating your preferences in ‘My Account’
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email
- Contacting our customer service team
We may also show you Copen via Sales adverts when browsing other websites. We do this to help you easily find the products you may like.
The adverts you see will be based on information we hold on you or your previous use of Copenvia.com – this means you may see products you have previously browsed or promotions we think you’ll be interested in.
Your data, your rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information held on you
- Correct the information we hold on you
- Have the information we hold on you deleted
As the new data protection law (GDPR) comes into force on 25th May 2018 there are a number of lawful reasons for us to use (or ‘process’) your personal information. One of the lawful reasons is called ‘legitimate interests’. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means that we can process your personal information if:
- We have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Some typical examples of when we might use the approach are for preventing fraud, digital marketing, maintaining the security of our system, data analytics and enhancing, modifying or improving our services.
As ever, you can opt-out at any time.
Our website and marketing communications may contain links to other websites run by carefully selected partners. We’ll make it clear you’re visiting a partner website before you click.
We don’t run these websites so we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting them. Please look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before supplying any personal details.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, a cookie makes it easier to shop by remembering your email address so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit.
Cookies also enable us to check which pages are the most popular on the site and how visitors use our site. A cookie does not give us access to your computer.
The ‘help’ menu in most web browsers will tell you how you can be informed when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, we recommend that you leave cookies turned on as they allow you to access some of the most useful features of Copenvia.com.